SCCD has access to private, state and federal grants. We are always looking for new project ideas.
If you are a farmer or a landowner, and you want to do a conservation project, large or small, get in touch to see if we can help find financial support.
Specific project opportunities for 2018:
If you have a corn planter and you want to convert it for use in a no-till system, you can apply to have 75% of the retrofit costs covered. You’ll also receive free one-on-one technical assistance. Contact us ASAP if you are interested.
Cover Crop Seed Mix Trials
Receive free cover crop seed to try out on your farm. We have five mixes available for silage corn, sweet corn, and veggie fields. Contact us ASAP if you are interested.
Other potential projects:
- Trying innovative pasture and grazing techniques to improve soil health and forage quality.
- Improving wildlife habitat for New England cottontails, turtles, native pollinators, and more.
- Trying out new roller crimper corn planters for no-till corn fields.
- Planting warm season grasses and woody plants on agricultural fields that aren’t performing very well.
- Other ideas are welcome- if it benefits soil, water, or wildlife, we’re willing to try to make it work!
Our partners have additional funding opportunities you might be interested in: